Despite my devastating computer failure,
Despite my devastating computer failure, I went to a LYS sale this Saturday with Roberta. I wisely left my Husband at home. I got so many great things for only 77 cents above budget! You realize when a yarn is 25% off and you buy 4, you are essentially getting one free, right?
So I got some great stuff! For $100 USD I got:
2 Balls Rowan Big Wool
2 Balls Berreco Plush*
2 Hanks dyeable Lambs Pride Worsted (75/25 Wool/Mohair)
1 Skein Lambs Pride in grey
1 ball Crystal Palace Merino Frappe
1 US 5 Addi Turbos 32" for Magic Loop
2 Cable Needles
1 copy of Stitch'N Bitch The Knitter's Handbook
1 copy of Knit Socks!
The Countess of Frankenmittens
In my excitement I decided to undertake a new mitten pattern, by Kate, in Berreco Plush*. Now normally I'm a dyed in the wool (heh) Elizabeth Zimmerman, wool-is-th-only-suitable-yarn knitter. But I saw a set of mittens in Plush and they just looked so divine. So I cast on for them although I was completely exhausted. And the mittens knit so quick, one mitten is a one sitting project. Did I mention you can't see the stitches in plush? And you sorta need to see them to complete the pattern? And the pattern had at least 3 new techniques? And I was seeing double? I redid one row FOUR times, and after the thumb I reversed the wrong side with the right side. Good thing you can't see the stitches. And then I discovered I have freakishly long hands, making the cuff too short. Fast forward to this morning, after the second mitten was done perfectly I picked up the stitches on the bottom of the Frankenmitten,. Using the magic loop method, I added another inch of length to the mitten. And then I stupidly used the regular binding off method.
Meaning, no stretchy edge.
When I finally find my last nerve, I'll undo it and find a more suitable method. It wasn't all bad. I found this cool website, which has free video clips of all sorts of techniques Knitting Help . And I realized my foray into Novelty yarns would be brief.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops