Domestigirl's comment was too good
Domestigirl's comment was too good not to share:
Domestic Girl said...
I had that same problem with my M1's. I think I was knitting them wrong, but I ended up with big skylights in the armpits of Sherbet. So I did what any intelligent person would do. I cheated. Hell, I was carrying two friggin' pieces of yarn. So I increased by knitting each one separately. It made a very cute tulippy increase. Which doesn't, unfortunately, help you any. But in the process I spent a lot of time looking through my vogue knitting book and I *think* I was coming at the stitches from the wrong side... you have to pick it up from the back and then look reallyreallyreally carefully at how they 'knit' it. It looks weird to me so I'm sure that's not what I was doing.
I'm now making one by Knittting 1 in the st normally, then another in the back of the same st. No holes! At least none the size of a small dog. I attempted this before, but I didn't learn it at the time because I was doing a bunch of stuff wrong. I'm telling you, I love Vogue Knitting, but I also love www.KnittingHelp.com. Both have this technique described.
I can't wait for Stitches West! I'm making a mental list of what I want, which I'd include, but my Husband has access to this blog, and the ability to google for prices. Why would he need to know how much yarn costs? I say it's a Need to Know area of knowledge and it's just better for all of us if he's left in the dark.
My bleary, just having one cup of coffee (Please excuse all typos and grammatical mistakes) eyes are telling me my archive list doesn't appear in the mozilla version of my blog. Anyone experience this and have any suggestions?
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops