Feel Good Knitting
There are different kinds of knitting. There's Innovative knitting, "That would be cool to have" Knitting, Gift Knitting, Grudge Knitting, Turn-your-brain-off-knitting, and what I need the most lately, Feel Good Knitting.
Here's what feels good on my needles:
Pattern: McCall's Needlework & Crafts, Spring-Summer 1973, "Rib and Lace Sweater"
Yarn: Lane Borgosesia 7 Settembre, color 90102
Needles: Addi Turbos US 5 for Stockinette and 1x1 ribbing, Denise US 6 for Lace
I am enthralled with this vintage sweater (minus the high maintenance doggy and fuzzy pink beret of course, I do have some sense of style). I've altered the pattern a bit. I changed the lower body to stockinette instead of 1x1 ribbing because I'd die of acute 1x1 ribbitis. Plus I sure would hate to run out of wool.
I added waist shaping based on Lyssa's suggestion, it was a great idea and I'm quite happy with the results. The sleeves look a little dated and I may have to play with them unless I want the dreaded poufy pirate sleeve. The sweater is flying off the needles, perhaps because I missed wool so much.
Knit Socks! "Best Foot Forward"
Yarn: Patons Kroy Socks in Hickory
Needles: Addi Turbos US 1 40" circs, magic loop method
I know it seems every pair of socks the Fab Ms Grumperina knits, I knit. Well ok, maybe this is only the second sock pattern I've knit that she has
unless I can get my hands on some German Import Opal Handpainted yarn. But so far both patterns in Knit Socks! are damn good if I don't say so myself. Very clear and easy instructions, great textures and color use (as seen in "Classy Slip Ups").
I'm making the Best Foot Forward
Bribery for Fancy Vacuuming Socks for my Husband. He picked out the pattern and yarn a while back and I figure in the name of a new vacuum new dress socks I'll give them a go. I have a 7.5 st/in gauge versus the suggested 9 st/in but since he has size 13 feet I think they'll fit just fine. I love these socks! I also really like the feel of Kroy Sock yarn. So soft and scrumptious.
Pattern: Interweave Knits, Fall 2004, "Flower Basket Shawl"
Yarn: Elann Peruvian Collection Baby Silk, Color 1477
Needles: Addi Turbos US 8, 40" circ
I caved and finally started the Flower Basket Shawl. I am delighted with the pattern, it is well written and surprisingly simple. This is my first non-lace weight lace project and it brings me joy to make lace faster than a snails pace. I love love love it. And I love the yarn! It is unbelievably soft. I expect I'll be making at least two more as gifts, 'cause there ain't no way I'm letting go of this one!
All other knitting has been placed in the Knittness Protection Program until there is no longer a credible threat to their lives.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops