Left to my own devices
The Husband is still on travel for work. Eventually I grow a beard and become a hermit when he's been gone too long. Ok maybe not. But along those lines I did clean the house yesterday. Anyone who knows me knows this is a sign of trouble. There was a vacuum involved, a toilet scrubbie [shudder], laundry, and a mountain of dishes with no apex.
The cleaning binge ended fairly badly, with me putting on my favorite shoes and staring at them in the mirror like Narcissus.
Don't worry, I can only wear them for a few brief moments before the severe calf and the foot cramps arrive. So the prancing was short lived. But damn I love those shoes. Too bad I can't actually wear them outside of the house.
rewarded consoled myself by a wee yarn purchase from my Dearest Enabler Elann. I have to admit when I first started knitting I didn't fully understand the allure of Elann. Back then I was all starry eyed with Noro and Brown Sheep Co Yarns. Neither of which were available at Elann. But as I matured I began to appreciate a fine quality Merino, or perhaps some Wool with a bit of Alpaca to top it off. And the prices, woe be to those knitters on a budget who stumble across Elann. The strangest justifications happen and then suddenly, three days later you have 1,000 skeins of yarn because they cost a mere $0.28 USD per ball. Kinda like shopping at Costco when you come home and unpack 15,000 tampons. It sure seemed like a great idea at the time, no?
I finished Roberta's Christmas Present. Knitting gold lame thongs is not an experience I wish to recreate, but she's a great friend and thusly worth the trouble. And if I did briefly wear her gift, I'd surely wash it before I gave it to her.
I've made progress on the Cardi. I'm nearly to the Raglan Decreases on the back piece. Next I'll do the Right Front to see if it will all fit over my bosoms. If not, I expect I'll do largish button bands and call it a personal preference or a design element. For those who are curious about the sleeve, I believe it will fit over my Gramma Arms just fine.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops