So much for new yarn!
Yesterday, as I was walking to my car from my campus building I was pondering whether I should go by my Local Yarn Shop and pick up some sock yarn or go home and have some lovely jam on toast. It's an important decision that takes much pondering, as you are aware. I drove about 300 feet in the car before it went kaput in the middle of a major thoroughfare on campus, making my decision for me.
One AAA Tow, Mechanic Consult, and Cab Ride later I arrived home, just under 3 hours from the time my car died.
When situations like these occur the first thing I do is turn on the Southern Accent to full, and talk real slow. And I have to say I got treated extremely well, from the three strangers who pushed my car out of the intersection, to the Tow Truck Driver dropping me back off on campus, to the Cab Driver. (I'd add the Mechanic but since he's taking away my yarn money I'm a little bitter.) This just reiterates what I've thought about Southern California for a while. Most people are pretty nice out here.
So after my long trek home, about all I could do was knit on the Shawl from Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac while in the fetal position.
EZ suggests a gauge of 3 stitches per inch, which would work well for worsted or maybe dk weight wool but a bit hole-y for lace weight. So I'm at about 4 stitches per inch on size US 5 Addis. By the way, did you know most peoples Pinky Finger from the last joint line to the tip is about an inch long? That little hint comes in very handy when
you're too lazy to get up the tape measure is no where to be found.
Susie will be having a stash sale sometime this week. If I had any yarn money left, you can bet this is where I'd spend it.
For a good time call
1-877-SOS-KNIT. That's 1-877-767-5648.
I emailed the Husband and instructed him to call the number and press 3. Will report on the results as soon as they become available.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops