I'm all about balance
I'm more likely than not to have a variety of projects going at once. I'd even go as far as saying I maintain a project in each major category-lace, socks, sweater at any given time. So in keeping balanced I've had to chose another lace project since I finished the Pi Shawl this week. Earlier in the month I bought myself some lovely Lorna's Laces Laceweight to make something special. I had some difficulty deciding which project to make. The contenders were the Highland Triangle Shawl from Folk Shawls, Stonington Shawl from Knitting Workshop, and from A Gathering of Lace the Shetland Lace Tea Shawl, and Shaped Triangle.
I decided on the Shaped Triangle.
Fate tried to interfere but I soldiered on regardless.
I'm hoping my yarn store has a broken Addi Return Policy. This is the first time I've broken a needle. Thankfully there weren't many stitches on the needle so disaster was avoided. Annoyance was not. But since I'm
such a packrat so resourceful, I had another circular in the same size. Do not bother asking me how many US 3 circulars I have, I will plead the 5th.
I decided it was in everyone's best interest if the Husband had a short wool lesson before he jetted off to Europe for business. So I rummaged through my
small stash to pull out varieties of wool, plied skeins, and multiple yarn weights to brief him on the nature of wool, what I like, and what I don't. He did smashingly. He could identify the different weights, merino from regular wool, and can name what animal Cashmere comes from.
I think I may have over-educated him though. At one point he said "So then fill in the blank is bad, right?" I blanched and told him to please not to call it bad in the
Yarn Wool Shop, just that it's not the Wife's preference is all. The language barrier is enough, I'd rather not have him annoy the clerks when they are standing between me and Sweet Sweet Wool from the UK.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops