So Many Words So Little Time
I have to sing the praises of Living Dot, my blog host. I have yet to be disappointed in their fantastic customer service. They solved an archival problem I had, and offered to upgrade Movable Type for me! I'll be sticking with Living Dot for the long haul.
Yesterday was the bag sale, the meeting of the Monica(whose freckles are far cuter than mine), and the Surprise! LYS sale.
After coming home from my day of shopping I had neither wool nor Husbands to bury in the backyard. My mission at the Yarnlady Sale was to find more of the GGH Merino Woolywasch. I vowed to jump in the sale bins to snatch it from the grasp of other greedy merino whores, and in my last moments at the sale, I did! Sadly at this point Monica had to head home. But we got some great moments of snark in at the store. There were some true horrors, and if I had cojones I'd have taken pictures of the "Just Because You Can, Doesn't Mean You Should*" Novelty Crap. There's always next year.
*Please never let your friends or family knit shorts.
Evil Enabler Roberta then suggested we go by another LYS for the 20% off of everything sale. And that's where I found the bag of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino for under $50. And the Bryspun Circs. And Susan Gordon Lydon's Knitting Heaven and Earth.
As for casting on new projects this week all bets are off. Now's probably a good time to mention I've gotten stuck on Charlotte's Web.
In my frustration I cast on for this:
Yarn: Pengouin Mystere from my stash thankyouverymuch. In fact this yarn was one of my first purchases!
Pattern: Loosely based on the Prairie Shawl from Folk Shawls.
Needles: Denise size 10.5s
I find the more stress in my life the less able I am to knit complicated projects. So the more stockinette, the better. At least through two deadlines this week. I expect much celebration come Thursday afternoon, when my work for the semester (but not my thesis!) will be done. There were times I felt I should have withdrawn due to my ill health leading up to my Surgery and also trying desperately to catch up after, but in the end I'm glad I stuck with it. And thanks to Karen for the commiseration. I feel like I am morphing both into Satan's Spawn and the Noodlier parts of Chicken Noodle Soup when I face the monumentous task of completing the data taking portion of my Master's Thesis.
But things aren't all bad. I plied the Husband with the Fat Bastard Chardonnay last night and then offered to play Dance Dance Revolution Death Match 2005. If you can't beat them, get 'em drunk and then beat them. And then sing "We Are the
Tampons Champions" by Queen and change the words to a delightfully off key and charming
I am the Champ-ion and Youuuuu are the Looooosaaahhhhh of the Worldddd
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops