I'm feeling fickle. I am getting sock fatigue (one pair down, 4 to go) and I've been stash diving to see what inspires me.
I started these armwarmers (done in Prime Rib stitch found in EZ's Opinionated Knitter) to practice brioching (is that a word?) before I start a sweater for my Dad.
I love the stitch and the yarn, but not the combination. I think I'll rip this back and start over in a different color.
I'm being good and swatching 'cause frankly I'm tired of the surprise endings when I finish a knit and it changes dimension after washing, usually getting too big.
The yarn is White Buffalo Unspun. It's traditionally used for Cowichan style sweaters. The yarn is made of 6 strands (unplied) that are held together while knitting. You have to be gentle with the yarn or it will pull apart as you knit. My gauge swatch is a whopping 2 stitches per inch both before and after steaming. Steaming causes the stitches to bloom in a really lovely way, but the overall dimensions remain the same. This project will go really fast after I start because it is on gargantuan needles. I usually go down a few sizes from recommended needle size because I'm a loose knitter. So a US size 15 (that's right FIFTEEN) needle should be quick. I behaved myself and swatched but since there is always balance in the Universe I'm not really sure if I'll have enough yarn to make the sweater. I enjoy living on the edge.
I made this wallet/change purse months ago but finally got around to sewing on the snap closure last night. I'm getting bored with finishing what I start so expect a massive cast on within the next week.
It's made from Recycled Sari Silk which was generously given to me by the lovely Lu. I have plans to make a tank top out of the remaining yarn. One of these days....
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops