You say Tomato, I say Tomahto
A year ago this week I discovered I was pregnant. I won't print my first words after discovery here as I don't think my child would appreciate it when she's old enough to read about her incubation period
described with two words, the first being "holy" for those who prefer to be in the know.
Pregnancy and having a baby is much like unknit yarn.
A seemingly blank slate. Some parts determined by innate characteristics, others by the knitters in charge.
Before you know it the project has taken on a life of it's own, in much the same way you develop your own parenting style. Reading about the techniques and tricks, ciphering through them and finding what works for you. Tucking away the good well meaning advice for later, and discarding the bad.
You find yourself doing things you never imagined, things that non-knitters would never understand. Some (and by some I mean the Husband) brave souls would even refer to you as crazier than a junebug and list the perils of your technique. (The Rest are smart enough to have the decency to judge you behind your back).
You (and by you, I mean me) wake up at 4:30am just to think about my big project. Is it well? Developing according to schedule? Do others find it as lovely as you?
All while you contentedly sit doused in baby spit up (or you know, bits of wayward mohair, or possibly both), hopped up on coffee yet still bleary eyed from lack of substantive sleep, looking like a candidate for a basic cable make over show.
If I could talk to myself last year at this time I would say "Self,
go buy as much yarn as you can it is so totally worth the trouble." In another year, or in ten years, or twenty when I look back at this time I hope I'll say: Damn, I did good.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops