Hair, Hats, Bugs, a Book, and lots of Randomness
Guess what I did?
I got my hair cut last Thursday. It couldn't wait any longer since my hair finally started to fall out postpartum (that's a whole 'nother post). I'm donating my tresses to Locks of Love for the second time. I would recommend donation for those who have 10 inches or more of extra hair. It truly is a fulfilling way to do something for someone in need. Besides, it's only hair. It will grow back.
Speaking of hair...Or lack thereof, we had a Daddy-Baby hat photo shoot. Please note Maya's Onsie.
This brilliant hat was kindly knitted by the one, the only Jennifer.
As if the cupcake (and the socks, and the yarn, and the candy, the list goes on) weren't generous enough Jennifer also sent along the Viking Hat. I think you can see my Viking ancestry in little Ms Maya, don't you?
This is where I tell you I had two most adorable photographs of Maya in the apple hat, one with Monica and one with La taken at the Socal Knitters Meet Up
I'm hoping strike out text will elude the google perverts. There was delightful conversation, great food, gorgeous yarn, and knitting. My favorite was the talk of semen in the eye. It was a very informative day. Sadly EVEN THOUGH I remember transferring the pics to my computer I can't find them anywhere. I blame the whole bit on Maya's sleep regression. Sorry ladies! Monica generously knit the hat for Maya. I owe Monica about 10 different things for all her kindness. Don't worry, I have a plan. I have yarn. I have needles. All I need is a good old fashioned pattern and I'm set.
If you look closely, you'll note that there are caterpillars on Maya's sleeper. In the spirit of honesty, I admit that this is the closest I want my child to caterpillars or any sort of bug. Last week I saw yet another black widow spider on our property. The spider had taken up residence beside the washing machine. I insisted that we get the house and yard sprayed since these spiders sport a venomous neurotoxin. The Husband is so blasé about these spiders. He thinks I am a big wuss and that these particular spider bites are no big deal. But he relented because he did not care to see (or hear) hystericalredfacedscreamingwifey. More importantly I do not believe he was interested in doing the Laundry as I was refusing to set foot in the garage.
I'm a little sad about the bug spraying. I grew up on a hundred acre cattle farm. I would get up early in the morning with the dew and look (but not touch!) at the grandiose spider webs and even more magnificent spiders. At some point later in my life I developed a near phobia of spiders. This means there will be no pet Tarantulas or otherwise.
It has been written.
I have been so slow to publish lately. I'm just getting around to the lovely prize from Laurie.
I have loved and adored Mountain Colors yarn since I first found it in Santa Cruz. I knit Clapotis with it and have yearned for more since. Thanks Laurie for the lovely yarn and stitch markers! I've already put the markers to good use.
When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters
This little book that has many tidbits of useful advice. My favorite idea in the book is to purl the needle size into a gauge swatch. Clever isn't it? The second half of the book has lots of knitting disaster scenarios and how to fix them with out anyone getting hurt. This book isn't for the advanced knitter, but if you're starting out and need some help it's a good resource.
That's all I've got for today. I'll be posting again later in the week. I've been knitting feverishly on a fangirl project of mass proportions. You could say I've been all Tighed up.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops