When something's going wrong what can you do but try and interject a little frivolity.
Step on a Crack
Break Your Mama's Back
I've taken to calling Maya (you may remember choosing her name was a contentious matter between the Husband and myself, I mean who doesn't love the name Beulah? Moving on.) Fang. Fang is really no longer relevant since she's broken both her front bottom teeth (Elinor I'm afraid you were right in the comments the other day, my worst fears were realized and I've lived to tell the tale.) Anyhow Fang has been much happier since the events leading up to her first teeth-al eruptions.
But oh the way my child refuses food. She closes her little lips like a parsimonious scrooge cleaves to his full purse. I thought the imminence of teeth would bring at least a little interest in food other than the obvious choices.
What can you do but go forward and move ahead I suppose.
Synergistic Paradigm Dialog
Sometimes the forces in the Universe align and the perfect needles, yarn and pattern come together in harmonious union.
Even if you have to rip out the first 22 rows before you remember how to properly read charts. I am smitten with all aspects of this illicitly cast on lace. The yarn is a delight, the needles are heaven, and the pattern sings.
I purchased the yarn last March when I was newly-unbeknownst-to-me pregnant and I've waited for the perfect pattern to come along. It's 100% Mohair, and my only complaint is I have a painful hangnail on my right pointer finger where I carry the yarn. Not much of a complaint is it? The Ebony Holz and Stein needles were a rare find from a yarn shop who received a shipment 6 years later than planned. These needles are purported to be crafted from retired musical instruments which I can totally romanticize, just like I do with enduring sea voyages and lugubrious cross country train rides. The pattern by Sivia Harding is manna for the starving. It's cleverly written to include the edging, the charts are clear and concise, and the pattern repeats dependably and reassuringly through the scarf or shawl size. The whole of it makes me want to knit in a rocking chair with a good cuppa and even better music.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops