I am Soccer Mom, Hear Me Roar
Or so I thought as I loaded my suspiciously Soccer Momish purchases into the back of my car today. Including two delectable Rotisserie Chickens sent straight from Heaven, some ripe strawberries, and a pair of Lucky jeans for $40. The 1% Spandex in the jeans helps conceal the postpartum flabulousness and my overconsumption of Costco Rotisserie Chickens.
I never thought the day would come when I'd fit right in with the Stroller Brigade. I was a somewhat of a rebel in high school, marching to the beat of my own malcontented drum corp. I knew I'd never be like the other kids because my parents couldn't afford any of the trappings of an upper middle class lifestyle. Hell they couldn't afford the trappings of a lower middle class lifestyle either. So I did my own thing. Which was sometimes good and sometimes bad.
But here I am 13 years later in my G*p jeans, driving a T0y0ta, going to D1sneyl*nd, and dressing my daughter in clothes from the Mall. I'll also concede to dancing poorly in public, singing even worse and clapping feverishly to try and get my kid to enjoy a Kid's Klub event emceed by a Russian Clown.
She'll probably be scarred for life, (Not safe for Clown Haters Link) but there you go. We'll just have to teach Maya to admire nonconformist tendencies in other ways such as listening to the Clash and David Bowie while completing our dastardly suburban tasks.
As if asking Jewel Staite (Did anyone else notice she's on Stargate Atlantis now?!) to gain weight for her Firefly role, and his most recently directed episode of the Office wasn't enough, I've found another reason to
love adore admire Joss Whedon.
I'm nearly finished the front of the Five College Sweater. I lost the pattern about an inch into the back of the sweater, so I've been knitting on a Costco-Chicken-Wing and a prayer ever since. I went to the library today and borrowed Knitting Around the World after a quick perusal. Hopefully the Gansey sidebar discussion will prove to be helpful. If not, there are some traditional sweaters in the book that appeal.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops