Foo doo fa fa
Maya crawled for the first time last night.
I knew the moment was coming but it didn't lessen my shock at it's arrival. Already making Mama proud with her nonconformist ways, Little Miss Fickle has a sidle type crawl. She scoots three-quarters of the way you would expect, 2 hands, one knee, and on the side of the other remaining knee. Luckily the Husband
and I has started moving all our crap out of the family room for optimal crawl space. We have a long and arduous babyproofing job ahead of us. Today I'll contribute by moving my stash. I'm quite nervous at the prospect, but really, it is for the greater good.
Fortunately Unfortunately my stash is still growing. It's sort of taken a life of it's own, reproducing like an amoeba.
The latest enhancement is courtesy of Lori. I stumbled upon Lori's blog through a weird series of events. It turns out I know Lori in real life. More accurately I got on her nerves quite frequently when we were teenagers. Her older sister Amy-blogless, but with a singleton and a set of twins aged 3 and under who can blame her-and I were dear friends growing up. I spent many nights at their house, eating Lori's cheetos, playing Super Mario Bros until our thumbs fell off, and laughing like hyenas at the things that are so funny when you're a teenager.
My fondest memory involves Amy and her Dad. He was kind enough to shuffle our sorry teenaged asses around the local hamlet. Ever the Spitfire (and I mean that in the most flattering of ways, I want to be like Amy when I grow up. I hope I am worthy of her bulletproof bracelets, magic lasso, and Amazonian training) Amy hopped in the truck and told her Dad that [insert teenaged anomie here] was a heaping pile of bullshit.
He retorted that there would be no Mother Fucking cussing in his God damned truck, Jesus Christ! That day I learned when the urge to laugh is so strong the giggles are trying to eep out of your pores it is possible to keep quiet. Even if the result is a very red face and a nearly ruptured spleen.
I still laugh heartily (outloud) over the incident to this day. Lori I hope you can forgive me for stealing your cheetos. I'm so glad we found each other, I can hardly find the words.
I'm motoring along on the U Neck Back to School Vest. I've finally muddled my way through the scourge that is 2 by 2 ribbing and onto the front dart shaping. Please note Stefanie Japel published errata for the back neck shaping on her blog here.
I'm still to chicken to try it on. I'm hoping it won't accentuate my postpartum pudge.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops