Waiting is the hardest part
Thank you for thinking of me and my family. I appreciate each and every comment, good thought, prayer, and email sent our way. I've got more news on my Father's condition. Unfortunately he is not a candidate for Bypass surgery because of the damage his heart has sustained over the years. The Doctors are only able to offer palliative measures. So we wait. The word wait can't convey the dread, fear, powerlessness and sadness I feel, but I'm not certain any word could capture it fully. My Dad wouldn't want me to be deluged by my own indulgent self pity so I'm doing my best to continue with life.
I'm trying to distract myself by going out and about. On Thursday I took Maya to Mission San Juan Capistrano. It's one of my favorite places to visit in Orange County, and I try to go at least once annually. I'll be posting more photographs of my visit soon, but here is one of the best photos of the batch.
It was hot as hell when we visited at 2pm, but we were surrounded on all sides by scores of Monarch Butterflies flittering about. I also spotted at least a pair of hummingbirds. It ethereal and strangely comforting. The Mission is set up so that the outer corridors whip the wind up and down, giving a respite from the oppressive heat.
I've also trying to distract myself with my knitting. I've finished the U Neck Sweater from Stefanie Japel's Fitted Knits, nearly finished the Five College Sweater, cast on Lake of the Woods by Ilga Leja, swatched another Elizabeth Zimmermann project, and gathered yarn for some charming Estonian Puppets.
Back to the matter at hand.
Pattern U Neck Sweater from Fitted Knits
Needles 1 broken pair of US5 Denise Needles, 1 pair of circular Lantern Moon Wooden Needles, US 5.
Yarn Rowan 4-Ply Yorkshire Tweed, held double.
Total Yardage Just under 600 yards. The tweed yarn has a whole range of colors running throughout. It's a lovely quality in a finished product. The yarn is not soft on the hand but knits up in such a pretty way the roughness is worth the effort.
Notes I added 2 inches of length to the Sweater. Make sure to consult the Errata when knitting this pattern.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops