My laptop had a catastrophic failure. If you're keeping track this is the second laptop to crash and burn since I started the blog wayyyyy back in 2004.
There is some good in all this. I snapped this photo while running errands on campus.
The sign accurately predicted my afternoon which involved Kaffee Fassett* sock yarn and Roberta**. Too bad it didn't predict my crappassed computer failure.
* My first year knitting I saw Kaffee Fassett in a local yarn shop although I didn't know who he was at the time. He has a brilliant complexion (he looks not a day over 45, but he's 70. I need his secret elixir. And so does my laptop) and was carrying a hand embroidered man-bag. The man-bag caught my attention. I was futzing around later on the interwebs and discovered he was teaching a class in a shop nearby the same week. And to think I was muttering to Roberta how I was pretty sure I could knit a black sweater for myself out of lambs pride when he passed by. That's got to be a blaspheme or something.
** Let me list a few reasons why I love Roberta, and why you should too.
1. She is very involved in athletics, usually Rugby. She was asked to be an alternate on a soccer team for a tourney in the windy city. She told me later the Ref kept blowing the whistle the whole game. Because she kept tackling people.
2. When she returns from a trip to Belgium I always ask her the following "Did you win a Golf Tournament this trip?" This time not only did she win, but her parents won too. They swept the tournament. Her whole family.
3. Great minds think alike. Roberta called me two days ago to ask what to do with the bug holding court in her bathroom. First I suggested she throw her kitty in there with the bug and close the door. She'd already done that. So I suggested she vacuum the bugger right up and go on about her day. She doused the bug with raid, vacuumed him up and changed out the bag in case the bug had aspirations of escape.
4. She's a fiber enabler. Enough said.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops