Maya is sick for the third time since she's been born. We're certain it's Croup since she has the barking cough. It's been a rough few days, but I'm still thankful. She's been perfectly healthy for the past 11 months.
She's getting sick only now because she is got one purpose: to put her mouth on every surface possible. If I had a Way Back Machine I'd go smack myself for ever saying that sickness is a great way to help strengthen a child's Immune System. Feels awfully different when it's your kid. I'm thinking I should swear off platitudes in general. Anyone with me?
I'm feeling sentimental with Thanksgiving this Thursday, and thankful despite all the bad that's happened the past year. It might have to do with my latest favorite Peet's Blend "Panama Esmeralda" (I have no affiliation, just what I'd like to think is good taste in coffee). The blend is what's left after Panama's crop was decimated by disease. Not only did a few trees survive the catastrophe, but their flavor is all the more sweet. So true in life isn't it? I'm trying to grasp beauty where I can, since it's so fleeting.
I still have plenty of the regular cynical old me left though, enough to be thoroughly amused that my favorite radio station has Crispin Glover subbing for David Lynch as Weatherman. I can't help imagine the brainstorming session for that, "Who is weirder than David Lynch?" It's the little things that keep me laughing.
I've finally finished some knitting. I've cast on with this yarn no less than three times (I'd tie in the Peet's Coffee beauty here but that'd be too much schmaltz even for me).
I opted for a gray toe since these are Man Socks, and I wasn't certain I'd have enough yarn to complete them. It would seem that Trekking yarn puts up decent sized skeins and I probably would have had enough yarn. But I like the toe. I used wooden Knitpicks needles, the first time I've varied from my addi magic loop method since I started knitting socks in 2004. I find using two circulars a little fiddly, but they do eliminate the seam line I'd always get using magic loop. I'd like to try the same needles in metal, and I'm willing to switch over to the two needle method despite my initial reluctance to try the technique. I'm glad this old dog learns new tricks, even if motivated by a mistake.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops