Good Old Walt
Does anyone know of something that blocks spam comments on Moveable Type? I've been getting spammed hourly since I switched back from haloscan commenting. It is more maddening than standing in a line that never moves forward.
We went to the Happiest Place on Earth today to see the grand re-opening of Playhouse Mouse-y. I should amend that statement. We and 10,000 other crazed parents and crying kids went on the off chance that they'd be the first 510 people in line to see the show. Aside: I'm not sure how a wee 15 month old can collapse into a heap more dense than a black hole, making it impossible to pick her up because her octi-limbs also become as slippery as a cuttlefish but she transforms at always just the right moment. And by right moment I mean precisely when I want her to devolve the least. After baking in the sun for 40 minutes and finding that the first show was canceled due to technical difficulties we bagged it and slunk over to Monsters Inc. Maya laughed at the Monsters, which restored my faith in the Walt (and I don't mean Whitman) Industrial Complex.
I've had a few other faith shaking experiences recently, involving crochet (I know!). Specifically I saw some lovely things popping up on various knitting blogs.
In my defense it all started when my Husband suggested I crochet some replacement pot holders since we've worn the ones Great Aunt Ruby gave us to the bare threads. (Eccentric Aunt Ruby is in her 90's, still plays the violin enthusiastically, and crochets the most lovely and efficient pot holders you ever saw). My new intrest was compounded by my
indoctrination introduction to Whole Foods. I simply must have hand made produce bags, how else will I fit in with all the other psuedo hippies? PS If you're driving a Hummer in the Whole Foods Parking Lot and taking out shopping carts and the surrounding 5 parking spaces, I'm pretty sure that makes you a giant UN-PC NON HIPPIE. Even if you buy locally grown organic you're still a cephalopod of the highest order.
Restoring faith in Humanity One Blogger at a Time
Annie of the beautifully talented variety sent me the most magnificent package. Really, a photograph doesn't do justice to this mosaic.
The pieces have a real depth to them and gleam just they way they should. Maya will appreciate this addition to her jungle animal collection.
The music she sent soothes me in the car when I want to run over the Hummer drivers who take their kids to the happiest place on earth the same day I do.
Thanks Annie for the thoughtful gift, I love everything!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops