Eating Puppy Chow Crow
You know how, before you have children you make comments like "MY Child will never eat Dog food!" These types of statements put a giant "Kick Me" sign for the fates right on my big old postpartum behind. Not that that stops me.
Let's play a little game. Guess which person in this picture noshed on Dog food recently?
In other humbling experiences, I finally decided on the right plugin for comment spam. Being as I have a BS and nearly a Masters in Physics I ASSumed something that sounds so simple and easy like a plugin (Oh! You just PLUG it IN) was well within my range. I've done plenty of programming over the years, survived a year of Ada in college at the mercy of maniacal, powerhungry and vicious compilers while the TA's looked on my compiled humiliation with too much mirth. I've earned my programming badge, you know what I'm saying? So, back to the spam. My first soul crushing experience led to complete and utter failure, try as I might (and try I did for more hours than I care to name) Comment Challenge was not meant to be. But. Akismet worked. And it was much easier to install. The only thing needed after installation is the wordpress API key. Easy Peasy.
While celebrating my conquest over the machines this morning, I looked up at the TV and watched while Knitting was put to music on Higglytown Heroes. And it was done well! The episode is called First Snow; Snow Dazed, it's Higglytown Heroes episode 13 which originally aired 11-11-04.
I'm a grandma who knows how to knit
and make you clothes with a perfect fit
I can make you clothes from head to toe
so you can play out in the snow
With needles and yarn all in a ball
I'll knit you any size at all
Big or little or in between
I'll knit the best clothes you've ever seen
Can you knit them for a whale or an itty bitty snail?
Can you knit them for a plane or choo choo train?
Whale or snail or plane or train
I can knit them all the same
I'll knit clothes to keep you warm
Even in a Winter Storm
While I won't comment about where the size of my Sahara fits on the Whale or Plane scale of Postpartum Knits (How many years after Maya's birth will I get to continue blaming stuff on being postpartum??!) I did find the subject manner of the song to be appropriate.
I've had my doubts all along but it really does fit! Now I'm just procrastinating picking up sleeve stitches since I have an unhealthy dislike of set in sleeves.
Since I don't want to be the only ass in this post I decided to share a picture I took while yarn shopping with La on Saturday.
My guess is they parked like this because they have to mete out the gasoline as it's a couple hundred clams a tank these days. I'm thinking of starting a Northern-Hempisphere Only California Association of Stupid Hummers, or NO CASH for short.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops