My favorite fraking show returns friday, April 4th at 10pm on the Sci Fi Channel. If you're really, really into BSG , there are two concerts in LA by the composer (and former member of Oingo Boingo!) Bear McCreary, hosted by everyone's favorite messiah complexed megalomaniac Giaus Baltar (see my BSG/Giaus haiku here). Older episodes of Battlestar Galactica are being rebroadcast in Hi Def on Universal HD if you need to geek out on old episodes in Hi Def. Myself? I'm hoping HD DVD format wins in the alternate BSG Universe. Yeah.
We're recovering from a three day whirlwind Southern California tour. We met up with the Perl Goddess Fam (Mr Purl Goddess lent me Snow Crash, the best book I've read in the past decade. Two points, it was so good in part because it was based on a graphic novel, and two how in the world did I miss this novel when in was released in '92? That was the height of my sci fi reading. Ok three points. Now I totally get the steampunk/cyberpunk movement on Boingboing. Maybe the cyberpunks will get on board and mod their useless HD DVD Players for the future).
Back to our trip, we visited with the Perls who were vacationing in San Diego.
Our first stop was Seaworld which I enjoyed very much. Maya in particular enjoyed the whipped cream available for sale.
Watching the Killer Whales was a powerful and awe inspiring experience. I have seen commercials and pictures of performances but being there in the moment was really special. I did not however like the trainers hugging the whales, I felt it was akin to hugging a tiger. Otherwise? An amazing and affecting experience. Also the Atlantis water ride was totally awesome even if Col. Shepherd was no where to be seen.
We stayed the night at the Catamaran Resort which was lovely and beautiful, and reminded me of my honeymoon in Hawaii. (Have I mentioned lately I'd like to go back)? We ate dinner at the Big Kahunas which boats the burger with the same name as seen in Pulp Fiction. Of course I had to eat the burger. I plan on jogging this week, not that it'll help my over consumption, or the fact that I feel like the 50 Foot Woman.
If I were feeling fiesty with my bad 50 foot tall self, I'd most likely attack other people's yarn stashes. Roberta, I'm looking at you.
Finally the capstone on our weekend was seeing the Wiggles in concert!
Maya was beyond herself with excitement as you can see. And by Maya I mean DADDY.
We entertained ourselves pre concert by guessing what the Wiggles contract rider would be. We came up with Rosy Tea, Fruit Salad, Vegetable Soup, Milk, Inflatable Bounce Houses, Feathers for tickling, cricket equipment, and a whole lot of hilarity. Benny Bandicout was there, Katarina, Anthony, Jeff, Sam, Murray, and Captain Feathersword. Mommy and Daddy had a blast and decided it was the best concert we've been to since seeing Nina Simone on '02. And with that I'm off to
make empty promises of running 20 miles recover from our vacation. Happy Monday!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops