Too Hot to Knit, Almost
I'll be the first to admit I am resistive to change. I've been reading about Addi Lace needles all over bloglandia for months. But I thought, why mess with a good thing? I have a solid relationship with my Addi Turbos, I've been using and abusing them since August of 2004. I never found a need for DPNs, I've been smitten with the pragmatism of the magic loop method since I began to knit. I can't quite remember why I purchased the first set of Addi Lace, but I'm struck with the certainty that I'll be using them for some time to come. The pointy tips are perfection, the light weight brass a delight. The cable and join, heavenly. Me? Infatuated.
This is my second version of the sport weight Icelandic yoke short sleeve sweater. Every time I think I've made a resolution about what the sweater will become a thousand new ideas bowl me over. I wish for more hours in the day to explore all my (wild) ideas. But best of all, this sweater will cost approximately $14 in materials when I'm finished. And the Nature Spun line has some lovely tones. I may pursue some fair isle next.
When the temperatures rose last week, I spent my time reading Eunny's blog. I am humbled, prostrate at the feet of her greatness. She is truly a star. I had the feeling that I had reached the end of knitting, akin to my Physics Professors saying that the new particle physics would close the loop on theory. Curious about the Hadron Particle? Just go see Eunny. All your questions will be answered there.
Since Eunny has knitting covered I decided to take up tu-tu making. I'll be posting a tu-tutorial pdf soon.
You can make a black tu-tu, or a Mom tu-tu, or a Dog tu-tu with very little effort. I'm wholly qualified to say since I am optimally lazy.
Better living through Nintendo
I've finally broken through my weight loss plateau thanks to Wii Fat. Next up on my itinerary is to regain my (poor) grasp of francais. I spent most of my three years in Mrs. Braithwaite's french class goofing off with Amy. Those dumb boys in our class were hardly going to insult themselves were they? I'd hate to see the burden of judging student fashion fall to the faculty. Anyhoo, I'm relearning french one bon mot at a time thanks to Nintendo's My French Coach
(Amy also sat by my side in 10th Grade Biology (where I almost electrocuted myself) and we tried to stay awake to Mr. Wilson's deadpan. I wonder what he'd think of my physics degree today? Praying that I stay far away from particle colliders, no doubt.)
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops