Dowa Dowa Dowa
Over the years I've heard parents talking about the phenomenon of much loved children's items, called loveys. Mainly the stories involve midnight runs to big box stores for the emergency lovey replacement system. These stories came back to me as I realized to my horror that my child was developing a deep and meaningful relationship with Dowa.
She sings Dowa Dowa Dowa every time a bauble, slight breeze, or the simple act of breathing triggers her devotion. It started harmlessly enough, having to reread her 'stowies' a hundred times a day. Then she started insisting upon sitting on her Dowa car at all times. When not seated she would stealthily approach the dog bat-outta-hell style, Dowa tires screeching, horn blaring and fur flying. The books are much loved and worn at the edges tomes to numeros en espanol, birthday surprise parties for Isa, Dowa's Halloween costume, and about any other situation or scenario marketing mad men can contrive of just in time for the next market research focus group to convene.
At some point she decided to express her ever abiding devotion to a new Dowa object.
It may look like a three cornered hat but I assure you, it's not.
I'm plotting my Dowa-Velvateen-Rabbit-Shenanigans as of right now. And I absolutely, unequivocally rebuke the idea that the three cornered Dowa hat will accompany us on any occasion that requires crossing the threshold of my house.
When not playing the part of the Dowa Dowager I've been quite busy planning and plotting the release of my latest knitting pattern, Mama Janes.
A sophisticated seamless mary jane style slipper.
Sale price available for a limited time only!
While I've been squandering ten years of education pondering toilet seat hats (Aside: Poppalina you are my new hero). I discovered one of my classmates ponders real, bulleted-talking points adult type topics on his blog.
Although at this point I must confess politics gives me the urge to crawl under a rock while wearing the latest in fashionable ready-to-wear commode seat hats.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops