Wahssailing and Flutide Celebrations
There's nothing a like a bout of Christmas Flu to make you thankful for living, albeit perhaps not at the same moment when you are lying on the bathroom floor in a sweaty heap praying for something, anything to take the misery away. I am happy to report that I no longer feel like something scraped off the bottom of someone's shoe and the contents of my stomach are staying put. That's my Christmas Miracle.
I was able to hear and enjoy the sounds of celebration from my sickbed, the sounds of tearing of paper, my child saying "Chank Chou" and "Mmmmmmmmm, Yummy" which brought a smile to my parched lips.
I also had a late night epiphany (kinda like Scrooge actually). At 2:24am I realized that everything that is ever going to be invented already has been invented. I saw a commercial for a product that automatically presses the spray button on a can of air freshener for you. Fingers are no longer necessary, Wassail! Bear in mind that these are the thoughts of a person who consumed approximately 1.5 crackers and half a glass of ginger ale over a 24 hour period.
The holiday wasn't all bad, I did lose that extra five pounds. And I received some sumptuous alpaca from Maya's Godmother (I'm secretly wondering if she wouldn't be my Godmother too as much as she spoils my kid).
Each yarn is named after the alpaca it originates from, and if I'd like more I call them up and ask for more from that animal. The farm is called Heaven's Hill Alpacas.
During my flu recovery period I'll be watching plants grow.
The first time I saw an AeroGarden
was at Kirsten's house and I've been hankering for one ever since. I'm going to catalog the plant growth on flickr, more pictures will follow.
I'll also be playing Animal Crossing City Folk from the comfort of my favorite recliner. Mr. Fickle even sprung for the wii talk module. I imagine it'll go something like this:
"No YOUR Mom"
"That's what she said"
Cue juvenile laughter.
Even the worst of flu viruses can't quash my sense of humor. Happy Festivus!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops