Hollywood and Snowflake
I can't be the only one who has finished knits for months until I bother to photograph them.
Maya's Snowflake Sweater is almost finished being patternized.
? ? Pronunciation [pat-ern-tahyz-ed; Brit. pat-n--tahyz-ed]
–verb (used without object), -nized, -niz?ing.
1. To translate poorly written design notes into a readable pattern.
2. Wonders why my Masters is in physics instead of entomology since I have no difficulty making up words, with an emphasis on creative use of profanity.
3. I can type what ever I want here, ha ha ha.
I'm somewhat ashamed to report I started this sweater in July of 2008 (I was going to type July of this year, but that would be too transient), and I'm just now getting around to finishing up. With special thanks to Jen for igniting that flame thrower under my person.
My goal for today is to make some nice illustrations to show where to steek and give the knitter an idea of what in the world to do. I started making special illustrations for my sweater designs to help folks visualize the usual troubling spots in patterns. You can see two for Hollywood and Vine below.
In this case the images aid the knitter in understanding waist shaping placement on the garment. Hollywood and Vine also includes illustrations on how to complete the yoke. The sleeves are knit along with the main body of the sweater which is great for those who don't care for seaming.
Speaking of Hollywood and Vine, the seamless knitting pattern is now available for the insanely low price of $6 USD. Buy yours now! Keep Fickleknitter in Yarn! Celebrate the New Year in Style! Side effects include but are not limited to: Jubilation, Extreme Self Satisfaction, and in limited cases Sanctimonious Smugness.
A seamless short sleeve sweater knit in the round from the bottom up. Waist shaping and purl detail flatters and enhances the waist. Gathered sleeves accentuate the positive in this modern yoked sweater.
Brown Sheep Nature Spun Sport Weight [100% Wool; 184/168 yd/m per 50g skein]; color: Burnt Sienna; 5(5, 5, 5, 6, 7) skeins
One US 5/ 3.75 mm circular, US 5/ 3.75 mm DPNs for sleeves, or needles needed to get gauge.
5.5 stitches per inch.
7.5 rows per inch
Sizing and Ease
This sweater has negative ease. Knit the size that corresponds to your actual chest measurement.
Pattern on sale now for only $6
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops