New Glasses = White Balance Magic
Thanks to everyone who sent me emails, messages, and hugs after the loss of my cat, Geiger. It is deeply appreciated. Today was slightly better than yesterday in that I haven't broken out in hysterical tears but still the sadness pervades. You get so used to the same routine with pets and suddenly the mornings seem so much more empty without our little fuzzy guy around causing trouble and drinking from the toilet.
I finally managed to pick up my new glasses today. Every New Year's Eve we pile in the car for a fun filled day of eye exams and new glasses to spend out our flex spending account. This year I discovered my Optometrist is a knitter and very excited about knitting. I tried not to distract her during my exam because my vision is already very poor.
The end result? Love them. A certain politician made her way into the world stage this past year and she sported a very similar pair of glasses to my old pair. That's all I'll say about that.
Side note: Can anyone tell me why my kid poops so much? Gah. Writing to resume after I take off my nuclear containment suit and go through extensive decontamination.
I'm perfecting some formulas for public consumption. Here's my latest. White Balance = Magic. (My second most recent equation discovery is Two Year Olds = Truckloads of Poop).
White Balance is so cool! I use freeware GIMP to process my photos and it feels like I am always finding something new that improves my photos. Below are two photos of my Apollonius Yoked Sweater. They showed the stitch detail pretty well but there seemed to be something lacking.
A simple white balance (found in the color heading under auto) produces much better results.
I'm excited to say this sweater is being test knit and I'll be releasing it soon. Now if you'll excuse me I've got some more white balancing to take care of. Do you think it'll take off 10 pounds too? I could be gone a while.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops