This is the Shawl that never ends
Like the Hindenburg, HD DVD and the Edsel (who names a car 'Citation' anyway? That's totally begging for trouble!!!!one!!!!1! "I'm sorry Officer it was the car that was driving 27 miles over the speed limit!") a triangular shawl knit from the long side to the point seemed like a fabulous idea at the beginning. You front load the hard work and taper to a lovely point at the end enjoying the fruits of your labor smugly with a hot cuppa and inflated ego.
I'm now now weeks into the project and amid yarn shortages and project fatigue (with a little less ego but barring massive explosions) I'm thinking that perhaps it wasn't such a great idea after all. I think I'll name it Castigation. I haven't waved the white flag of shame yet but I'll likely be a little too chipper to start a new project.
I may take a sanity saving respite and knit some Mama Janes from some of my handspun.
This was spun on a 2" Schacht drop spindle (the only current spindle in my possession) using Zitron Pencil Roving. La suspects this Zitron stuff is felting wool and she is probably right. But I've reached the point in my spinning career where cotton balls and dryer lint are fair game.
And since we're discussing obsessions I may as well share my two recent favorite photos I've snapped in the past few days.
Calla Lilly photographed while wearing my jammies (of which the patented jammie fabric repels the neighbor's stern looks quite well).
Frankly I must admit my better photos are accidentally good as in this happy accident during sunset photo.
And speaking to happiness...I have exciting news on the knitting front. Sandrasingh.com has started selling my patterns. You can find them here. This is a new arena for my patterns and I'm really thrilled with this new venture. As always my patterns are as always still available through Ravelry, Etsy, and on my website via the sidebar.
I'd like to especially thank everyone who has supported me during the start up of my design business and I feel so lucky and blessed as my business grows.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops