I attended high school with someone who is a writer and producer in Hollywood. He writes for a Monday night prime time show that rhymes with my favorite bad word (coincidentally both contain the same last 3 letters). Last week the main character cohabitated in a planned community full of baddies out to destroy all that is good with the world. It was a sinister neighborhood full of evils such as Jenny McCarthy, Andy Richter, perfectly manicured lawns and high speed internet. The funny part? The suburb was named after the home of the wealthy in our home town. Not your merely upper middle class, declasse new money run of the mill rich but oft whispered wealth. Black American Express Card wealth. Silver service for tea wealth. Chanel suits as a matter of course and personal drivers multi-generational wealth. Mocked on TV. It was brilliant, absolutely brilliant. That there is your daily cup of Irony. Enjoy with my compliments.
Speaking of high school, (those hallowed halls of disillusionment which held my clockwork like apathetic dismissal of the necessity of homework) it struck me that my teachers would be shocked to know I do work now that offers no immediate reward. Grades couldn't motivate me. Well meaning threats didn't persuade. But now, now I have my own business. And thusly I wrote a 1,357 word article for submission to my favorite online knitting periodical. (You know the one, it rhymes with splitty). And if it's not accepted there's no reward, no grade assigned, no future college admissions officer admonitions.
Cresting wave sketches for knitty article.
When I sat down to write the article I collected my images, wrote my title, filled in all the blanks, dotted my T's and crossed my I's (no apostrophes where harmed in the writing of the article). Then I sat back and smugly searched for my word count, for surely I must have met the requirement. 337. Three-hundred and thirty seven words down 663 left to go. Somehow, somewhere those maligned high school teachers were laughing at my pound of flesh. And rightly so.
And for absolutely no reason at all I'll close with a picture of a bird in my yard
I bet Alison will appreciate it.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops