Who Else Wants More Yarn?
One day I'll be featured on the evening news when my yarn stash falls over and Janice Baccaliere's my Richie Aprile. Does that stop me from buying more yarn? NO.
I visited the Mecca of yarn and fabric, the Purl Soho Warehouse in Tustin. The folks there were so friendly and the merchandise is top quality (and also they totally ignored the crazy). I browsed the website beforehand so I had an idea of prices (the items are premium and priced to match) and what items needed to come home with Mama. It was the first time I saw Japanese Craft Books in person and let me tell you, I want every single book available. There's something about the stark backgrounds in the photography that makes the projects shine, not to mention the innovation and pure ingenuity.
I spent most of my time browsing the books and fabric but I did manage to bring home some Habu. It's made of silk and stainless steel. That's right, SILK and STAINLESS STEEL. I am an equal opportunity Yarn Pig.
I also found some time to spin a little each day for the Tour de fleece (still no f key for the curious). I've been spinning all my phat fiber samples that have even a whisper of blue and plying them with commercially spun Ornaghi filati's Merino Oro.
I love this yarn so much. I want to write a special pattern for my precious. It reminds me of this Peacock we saw last week at the Park
I also love Peacocks. I think they'd make a great companion to my pretend goats. I'll just tell the neighbors they're a special breed of Chicken.
In other non-yarn related news, my Crafts Room is cross pollinating in secret and creating more hobbies.
I made this dress by drawing on repurposed grocery bags. That's fancy talk for "cut up grocery bags." The improvised toddler dress pattern isn't perfected yet but it will as soon as I can dig my way out from under all this damn yarn.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops