Five Simple Artsy Things
I met Lisa at the Sock Summit Marketplace. And by "met" I mean was lulled to her booth by her sumptuous, vibrant work. You can find Lisa's etsy shop here. Hello gorgeous, how you doin'?
I knit this stocking for Meg Swansen's class "EZ's Art Stockings." The class was amazing. I shocked myself because I was certain I'd be really nervous since I've admired Meg and her work for so long. But truthfully I've watched her DVDs so many times and become so accustomed to her voice I felt right at ease. Amy Detjen's humorous disposition didn't hurt. And those coil-less safety pins? From Meg's hands to my greedy heart. This stocking won't actually fit my leg beyond my ankle but that's why it's called "art." Right? What?
When I met Heidi for the first time in person (after we stopped jumping up and down and screaming) we had a flurried exchange of gifts. I feel like the lucky one since she gave me this coiled handspun. I'm trying to come up with the perfect project for it but frankly I could wear it as a necklace and call it done.
I've been smugly drinking coffee from Jennie the Potter's Spindle Mug every morning. I stalked this mug in the wilds of the Sock Summit Marketplace with my spear and my wits. Or my credit card. Which ever.
We went to a family picnic this weekend where there was an incredible balloon artist. Up until that point I was unaware that one could fashion balloons into literally anything. Until Maya asked for a Mermaid. Notice that slightly pissed off expression on her little face? I usually draw a comedy/tragedy mask on Maya's balloons since the baloon joy is equal to the balloon pain.
My goal for the week is to have more art in my life. So I'm going to (smugly) drink coffee and spin Lisa's fiber while wearing Heidi's coiled necklace and the art stocking up to my ankle. Maya's deflated balloon will make a nice flapping sound in the breeze.
What are you working on this week?
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops