Fickleknitter Secrets (Finally) Revealed!
I've spent the last two months designing and knitting this shawl for Wemmy's (That's Wen, of the Emmy Nominated Variety) wedding shawl. Each row was so different I had to knit with the computer physically on my lap and the row highlighted in yellow in excel. I did occasionally take the shawl out of the house to knit while using a magnet board to mark my place but magnet boards for knitting don't have hulu. And Hulu has become a great friend and confidant. And by "Hulu" I mean every episode of "Cougar Town." Don't judge me.
Wemmy's shawl design was inspired by the photo above. I really love the swirls and was really interested in the use of light and dark spaces in the original photos.
I also finished and submitted the final draft of my Thesis to my committee members. I'll be defending it and finally getting the weight of the world off my shoulders sometime in the next month. I wish this boring photo could really express the level of crazy that finishing up my masters degree has caused me over the past few years. But sadly it looks just like any old pile of paper. I expected an Angelic Chorus to open up from the heavens during the final moments as I turned the damn thing in. Instead I got buckets of rain and had to fight tooth and nail for campus parking. That must be that irony thing I always hear so much about.
My last blog entry about Lace Shawl Construction was written this past August right before Sock Summit. I submitted it and a pattern for the Winter Issue of Knitty but both were rejected. Although I'm disappointed I didn't make it into knitty I hope someone finds the information enlightening or at the very least not boring and potentially helpful. I'm considering bundling all 5 shawls together with the article over the next few months
These were the best self portrait pattern photos I've taken to date. I took them this summer at the Korean Friendship Bell. There are a few more shots in my ravelry notebook entry for the shawl. It really is a whole new level of whacky to pull out a tripod, a self timer and some knitting in public places, especially when it's 90 degrees outside in August.
Triangulum is a simple knit, and works really well with a nice handpainted yarn. I knit a second version out of my own handspun using some Phat Fiber samples. I'll try to get some photos up in between drying my knitty denial tears with marshmallows, bad language and iced tea.
Isn't Heidi a beautiful model? In between being Super Mama and my knitting/spinning idol she took the time to take these gorgeous photos for Slouchee (which is currently being test knit and will be ready for purchase soon.)
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops