Stitches West Recap in Three Acts
Act I: Road Trip.
The Road Trip was pretty fab. I discovered Tommy's Hamburgers and chili dogs with pickles, onions, tomato, mustard, ketchup, yummy liquified fake cheesy-cheese, and chili. It was wondrous. Shortly after that Yarn Shop Jenn and I devised our plan for living in the same space over the next 6 days after buckets of chili. It's delightfully juvenile and makes me giggle like I'm 12 years old. I hesitate to type out the idea for fear of what google will bring but it's too good not to be shared. We invented butt kegels. To save the environment. Think about it.
Central California has some of the prettiest hills I've ever laid eyes on.
And the prettiest trees.
We experienced some hi-jinks while towing the uhaul on the back of Yarn Shop Jenn's big ass diesel truck.
1. Women can drive big diesel trucks and back up with uhaul trailers just fine.
2. Mansquitos in shady restrooms reduce said women to shrieking and fancy footwork (much to the delight of the townies).
3. Townies also enjoy Thelma and Louise-esque drives off of roadside curbs with big ass diesel trucks and uhaul trailers.
4. That podunk town will never be the same.
Act II: Oh Shit!
We had eight SHORT hours to assemble and fill our 10x10 booth, which was reduced to 8x8 after the installation of what I'd like ot call "the cubes straight out of Sartre." We had so much overstock (10x10 is a lot bigger in our brains, apparently) that over half of the boxes ended up back in the trailer. Lesson learned.
We also learned that if you make a sale, they will come. This photo was snapped during the Sunday drawing, the only down time the entire weekend. We have big plans for next year, two booths, appropriate levels of stock, and no more torture cubes.
Act III: The Yarn.
These yarns represent my next 5 designs. Stay tuned.
Bonus Act: Boobs
Courtesy of Fiber Fiend. The boobs were later covered with the lovely Corsica. I absolutely love a pattern written to fit curvy women. Bravo.
This concludes my Stitches West Recap. Thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops