What in the hell do I do with 170 yards of Hand Spun Fairy Fart yarn? (With Bonus Pattern) Cookies not included.
1. Congratulate self for all that spinning into fairy fart yarn by eating devilish icing covered St Patrick's Day sugar cookies. Cry into iced tea when sugar rush inevitably wears off.
2. Cast on for a simple trianglur shawl that goes from center point to long edge. This method of knitting highlights the yarn and allows you to use up every last bit.
Cast on 3 stitches with 170 yards of worsted or bulky weight hand spun yarn using needles that give you a nice fabric. I used a US 7/ 4.5mm needle because that's how I roll.
Row 1: p3
Row 2: k1, yo, k1, yo, k1
Row 3: p5
Row 4: k1, yo, k3, yo, k1
Row 5: p7
Row 6: Eat more cookies.
Row 7: k1, yo, k5, yo, k1
Row 8: p9
Row 9: k1, yo, k7, yo, k1
Continue knitting as established, working a yarn over beside each edge stitch until you have just enough yarn left over to bind off loosely.
Since I opened Sweatshop de Fickleknitter I've had the pleasure of meeting many awesome, hardworking industry people. I was lucky enough to meet Nancy of Chameleon Colorworks last month. She was really lovely and gave me a skein of her Bambino (a delish merino/bamboo blend) to work with. The yarn spoke to me from the very beginning. It said "Girl--Who cares about those publishing deadlines! KNIT ME OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES." So what choice did I have? The pattern will go out for test knitting soon and then will be available for purchase. Talking yarn not included.
In between all that iced tea drinking, crying, and knitting I've gone and had another pattern published through Knit Picks! You could knock me over with a feather. Thanks Knit Picks! Me love you long time.
Pattern is for sale for the amazingly low price of $1.99!
Now available For Purchase through
or my Ravelry Store
1 skein Knit Picks Bare - Merino Wool Lace Weight, 704 yards / 644 meters.
Two 24” US Size 3/3.25mm Circular Needles needed to get gauge.
10 sts and 28 rows over 4 in/10 cm in Stockinette Stitch
Double and Quad Yarn Overs
Advanced knitting required. Not for the faint of heart!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops