Maya went Pee Pee on the Potty and the 7 Stages of Grief by Fickleknitter
Maya just went pee pee on the potty for the first time. I was growing frustrated with her non-compliance and moved through each of the 7 stages of grief over her refusal to use the potty, and that was just this morning.
I'm patently shocked that you won't use the potty. Because all your friends are doing it! This one might come back to bite me later.
Potty? What potty?
MAYAGOUSETHEPOTTYRIGHTNOW OR, OR, I'LL TAKE AWAY THE TV! BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS WILL HURT ME MORE THAN IT HURTS YOU!
I'll buy you a pony. And a brand new car for the pony to sit in.
Woe unto me, my child will not use the potty. And now neither of us can watch TV.
Maya if you go sit on the potty you can have that pony. Or else Mommy is going on a long trip where there's lots of yarn, drinks with little umbrellas, and for Gods sake NO PULL-UPs. In the interim I'm just going to turn on this TV so no one gets hurt.
OHMMMMMM (That's the physics version of OMMMM for the curious) My child will not pee pee on the potty. My child will not pee pee on the potty. She will wear pull-ups to graduation. And I will be judged. But at least I'll have my TV.
Lo to the parents that read this blog and are suffering the same fate. I discovered my child is motivated solely by material gain. Punishment won't motivate her to do anything she doesn't want to do, time outs, chocolates, begging, yelling, nothing. But create a treat basket full of $1 gifts and wave it in front of her face three times a day? She's motivated, highly motivated. I'm not too proud. After all that's how to be successful in the real world, by chasing carrots?
I'm currently chasing my own carrots, hand spinning yarn and writing patterns for it.
Camel/Silk/Wool/Sparkle blend. Camel/Silk by Sweet Grass Wool, Wool/Sparkle by Susan's Kitchen. I know Susan personally and her batts are so fantastic that I treat myself
more than any other person should know regularly. This is easy since we usually meet at Disneyland a few times a month for playdates where our daughters do cute things like hold hands and hug while the adults eat ice cream and drink iced tea like there's no acid reflux tomorrow.
I'm plugging away at my collection of handspun patterns. I just finished this one, that looks even better on, Handspun Cowl #2, wool spun from The Chicks With Sticks Merino/Tencel and Hello Yarn (I forget which blend, maybe romney) wool fiber.
I've really fallen hard for the art hand spun movement. I spun this yarn from a batt made by a local spinner who sells her work at the Sheared Sheep in Costa Mesa. Nicholle has only been spinning since November and she has far surpassed me in ability and creativity when it comes to spinning art yarns. She is a true artist and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next. And the bitch hand dyes the softest mohair locks I've ever touched in my life.
I'm still working up my next lace design. Everything looks great on (graph) paper but there's one nagging mistake that won't go away. In the meantime I've started to appreciate the beauty that comes off of other people's knitting needles. As a designer there's no greater compliment than when someone knits my pattern and creates something lovelier than my original vision for the piece.
When I was working in the corporate world I did a lot of programming and I was always amazed when something that I wrote worked, even after years of practice. Knitting design is sort of similar in that regard. For example Natstitch's version of Wen's Wedding Shawl is so beautiful it leaves me wondering, wow did I really design that?
And I really love Chayalaura's Versacowl. It's such a lovely, saturated color, and what a good idea to use a shawl pin. Thank you ladies, for inspiring me.
I'm off to watch some celebratory TV right after I change Maya's poopy pull-up. Maya: 2, Mama: 1. Happy Good Friday!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops