Two New Fickleknitter Patterns just in time for the Weekend
I've been incredibly lucky to find myself working with independent dyers over the past year. The yarns used in the two patterns below are unique and something I would recommend to other knitters.
Sandra Singh's 1 Ply Worsted is soft, squishy, and has a nice hand. I love the colors and the yarn looks rustically dyed, similar to malabrigo and manos. It's slightly felted together which is perfectly normal for kettle dyed yarn. It's a generous put up of yardage and the colors are lovely and saturated.
Alpha B's Sexy B fingering weight yarn is simply amazing. The yarn is made from Baby Alpaca, Silk, and Cashmere. It has bounce and a great hand, comparable to the feel of a bouncy wool but with finer fibers. The color is subtle, soft and feminine which suits the feel of the yarn perfectly. Working with Sexy B was one of the most enjoyable knitting projects I've had in a long while. It was a delight on the needles and easy on the eyes.
Overall I'd rate both yarns highly, I've enjoyed working with them and would use them again.
The Tree and Arbor Wrap features bobbles, an occasional double yarn over, and is suitable for the advanced beginner.
The Sookie Hat is knit entirely flat with a simple cable along the brim. The hat is seamed up and has a great fit.
Tree and Arbor Wrap
Now on sale for $6.00 USD!
Description An elegant shawl knit with bobbles and the occasional double yarn over. Written instructions are provided for the chart, so you may work from the chart or the written instructions. The simple edge is attached using single crochet and crochet chains.
Needles Size US 5/ 3.75mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
Yarn 200 grams of Alpha B Yarn Sexy B Fingering Weight 70% Baby Alpaca, 20% Silk, 10% Cashmere Approximately 437 yards/ 401 meters per 100 gram skein. Total Yardage for Wrap is 600 yards/551 meters.
Gauge 24 stitches and 28 rows over 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch.
Finished Pattern Measurements 54 inches long by 18 inches wide after blocking.
Supplies Stitch markers, darning needle, G Crochet Hook.
On sale now for $6.00USD
Description A simple cabled hat knit flat with short rows and seamed together using a 3 needle bind off. Written instructions are provided for the chart, so you may work from the chart or the written instructions.
Needles Size US 7/ 4.5mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
Yarn 100 gram ball of Sandrasingh.com 1 Ply Merino Worsted [100% Merino]. Approximately 215 yards/197 meters. Color: Queen Isabella’s Jewels. Total Yardage for hat is 105 yards/97 meters.
Gauge 17 stitches and 28 rows over 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch.
Finished Measurements 22 inches around by 6.5 inches tall.
Notions Darning Needle, Cable Needle
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops