Fickle Knitter Design Around the Web 2-16-2011
Here's a round up of the latest Fickle Knitter Design buzz on the web.
Robin Hunter of Robin Hunter Designs recently interviewed me about being a Knitwear Designer. You may read the interview here. Robin regularly interviews knitting designers like Nicky Epstein, Sally Melville, Shirley Paden and Teva Durham. She offers advice and information on her wonderful blog, How to become a Professional Knitter.
Talented dyer Hasmi of Rocky Mountain Dyeworks has begun a collection of Fickle Knitter Design hats knit with her beautiful yarns. I love Hasmi, she lets me bend her ear regularly and I also love working with her beautiful yarns. I wrote up a hat design especially for her light Banff bulky yarn called the Bow River Hat. You can see her interpretation here. I'm writing up a design now with Rocky Mountain Dyeworks Bow Falls Fingering and the deeply saturated tones reminds me of Wollmeise. More on that soon!
Picking up that extra Stitch while knitting Mama Janes
Vera, a seasoned Mama and knitting teacher has posted a youtube video of picking up those extra stitches on either side of the toe box in my Mama Janes knitting pattern for some of her knitting students. Vera teaches classes at her local yarn shop in Texas as well as being Mama to two (soon to be three!) children. The video shows the technique and demonstrates knitting the mary jane style slippers on DPNs.
Latest Fickle Knitter Design Newsletter
Here's the latest Fickle Knitter Design Newsletter. Check it out for a special coupon for readers.
What Knitter's are saying about Fickle Knitter Design Patterns
I just bought your Apollonius Yoke sweater pattern after reading your terrific description. Consider it me paying you $6 for being hilarious. If all designers wrote such great pattern descriptions, my purchased-pattern stash would be as big as my out-of-control yarn stash, and I would have to quit my job to knit.
I’ll be back.
What I love about your patterns is that they’re easy to follow but the results look amazing. Every time I see one of your actual patterns after admiring the pictures, I think “Wow, I can’t believe it’s that simple.”
Thanks to everyone for mentioning me while I'm finishing up the final details for my Stitches West trip this weekend. I'll be at booth #1243 Thursday-Sunday. If you read the blog or like my patterns please stop by and say hi, I'd love to meet you!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops