Stitches West 2011 Recap for Fickle Knitter Design
The Fickle Knitter Design booth at Stitches West 2011 went extremely well. There's nothing like being able to talk with knitters one on one to answer questions, talk shop, and people watch. I already decided to vend there next year based on the feedback in 2011. This marks the first year of Fickle Knitter Design appearing in five other booths at the show. I'd like to thank my retailers, Unwind, Foxy Knits, Alpenglow Yarn, Teresa Ruch Designs, and Feeling Ewe. Now, on with the photos!
My favorite photo from the show, the hands of PunkRawkPurl. All photos were taken with my spiffy new 35mm lens (1.8, nikon brand lens).
This is Teresa Ruch of Teresa Ruch Designs holding a red version of my Bird of Juno wrap pattern knit by Monica. I've become a Teresa Ruch evangelist. Every knitter should have and knit with her beautiful yarns.
See? I told you they were beautiful. Here are Teresa's yarns with a yellow Flyleaf shawl pattern nestled among the scrumptious colors.
Speaking of the Flyleaf Shawl pattern, Alpenglow Yarn had a sample too as well as a booth full of her naturally dyed yarns. Carrie sources her yarns and fibers from small fibers in the US. She has an awesome business and beautiful yarns, you should seek her out.
This is Pearl and her version of the Bird of Juno shawl. We had so much fun chatting and admiring all her fun yarn purchases. Looking forward to seeing you next year Pearl!
Unwind had a special event at the show with Sweet Georgia Yarn. Just look at the colors. That's a sample version of Jade Cashmere shawl pattern nestled in with the oh so lovelies. Keep an ear out for a yarny special event announcement at the Unwind shop in Burbank.
FoxyKnits had two awesome booths, specializing in Koigu. Merilyn also has Helen Hamann Elation yarn and showcased a sample of my Lemon Market Bag pattern. I know, I know, I had you at "koigu."
Finally, here's a photo of my booth. I changed over to cargo nets to hang my samples from and with each new vending experience I learn something totally new and different to apply to the next show. I'll be vending next at TNNA Columbus in June and at Sock Summit this July. A special thanks to everyone who stopped by the booth and especially to my retailers. Thank you and see you at the show next February!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops