New Pattern! Honey Pot One Skein Shawl
I've been busy writing and knitting and writing and knitting and (reading about canning but that's another entry). Nancy of Chameleon Colorworks gave me this gorgeous hank of yarn when we were both vending at the Torrance WeFF Festival last November. The yarn is made from merino, bamboo and nylon. The bamboo makes it soft and the merino gives it a nice bite. I picked up and put down the yarn a hundred times because I enjoyed touching it so much.
Designing with a variegated yarn can be so tricky. You want to show off the yarn and yet still create something special. I am happy with the results which show off the beauty of the yarn. The pattern is simple and suitable for a beginner to lace. For those that get hung up there is a wonderful source for help in my ravelry group. The group is full of seasoned, smart knitters who offer suggestions. I also answer questions via email, almost always the same day and usually within an hour or two for those that are stuck.
Purple shawl was knit with Estelle Cadenza yarn and photographed by Wool4Willow on ravelry
Ivory shawl was knit with Spinning Bunny Hand Dyed Merino/Tussah Silk yarn and photographed by alyas on ravelry
Along with being available for customer support, I also strongly believe in tech editing and test knitting. Honey Pot One Skein Shawl has been both test knit and tech edited. I am so thankful for all the wonderful knitters who test knit for me -- both wool4willow and alyas were so lovely in allowing me to share photos of their Honey Pot Shawls. Tracey over at Calla Lily Knits has been tech editing and saving my butt for almost a year and as reluctant as I am to share her I think she is just wonderful and instrumental in helping me live up to my high standards for pattern writing.
The Honey Pot One Skein Shawl is knit with only one skein of sock yarn! It knits up fast and only uses 324 yards of Chameleon Colorwork’s Bambino and a size US 5/3.75 mm needle. The pattern is lovely knit up in a solid color, variegated, or semi-solid yarn. The shawl would also be lovely in a handspun yarn.
The pattern includes written instructions as well as charts. It has been test knit and tech edited and is presented in a clear manner. This as an beginner level pattern.
This quick-to-knit triangle lace shawl is simple and elegant with its lovely, knit-on lace edging.
Needles Size US 5/3.75 mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
Yarn One 100 gram ball of Chameleon Colorwork’s Bambino 60% Merino, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon. 400 yards/367 meters. Total yardage: 324 yards/297 meters.
Gauge 16 stitches and 20 rows over 4 inches in Main Body Stitch
Finished Pattern Measurements 49 inches wide by 18 inches long after blocking.
Supplies Removable stitch marker, yarn needle (for weaving in ends), blocking aids (optional)
For more information, see: http://www.shop.fickleknitter.com/product/honey-pot-one-skein-shawl-instant-download
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops