Romulan Cloak Shawl--Invisibility not included.
For your convenience I've added some handy Romulan phrases next time you're on planet Romulus.
Do you have bottled water?
raed'aeusnnta'jhiy [you] iekil'eirh [bottled] aoni'rhnniohsyrrhihdh?
All your yarn are belong to me.
ehri 'ie [yarn] [are] [belong] iudaiht ahefvi.
I'd like one tequila please.
[I'd] [like] io [tequila] [please].
What do you mean Spock Ears are not welcome?
aeek'h'i raed'aeusnnta'jhiy [you] [mean] [Spock] [Ears] [are] iebhe aefvadh?
The shawl was inspired by Jennifer of Holiday Yarns Romulan Raspberry FlockSock yarn. I met Jennifer at the January TNNA and she had me after the word "Romulan." I'm pretty sure I didn't let her finish her sentence before I enthusiastically took the yarn off her hands and ran a triumphant lap around the showfloor. FlockSock is a lovely merino-nylon sock yarn that is soft with a great hand. I enjoyed working with the yarn very much and Jennifer's dyeing style does not lend itself to that bastard pooling that annoys my Romulan half so much.
In my ongoing efforts to share my
impressive obsessive levels of geekery I've designed and knit a new shawl, the Romulan Cloak Shawl. I've channeled all my physics degrees to render the wearer invisible in some cases*. On the upside wearing the shawl will grant superior intelligence and impart the knowledge that it's creator read a few too many Tiger Beats with Wesley Crusher as a kid, indulged in way far too many Arthur C Clarke and Isaac Asimov books, and was converted forever to skulk among Sci-Fi nerddom by viewing Halley's Comet in 1986.
Holiday Yarns is having a special on pattern kits, you can buy the Romulan Cloak Shawl pattern and a skein of FlockSock Sock yarn for only $26! Please visit Jennifer's website to purchase the pattern and yarn. The pattern is being sold exclusively through Holiday Yarns so please save up all your Romulan Beans to spend with Jennifer so she can continue to create her wonderful hand dyed yarns.
In closing, I'm excited to embark on this new mission into Yarn: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Fickle Knitter. Its indeterminate-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly split infinitives (and go) where no man has gone before. But you can call me sir.
Romulan Cloak Shawl Details
This quick-to-knit triangle lace shawlette is simple and elegant to highlight your favorite variegated sock yarn.
Size US 6/4 mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
One 100 gram ball of Holiday Yarns FlockSock Sock Yarn [75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon]. 400 yards/366 meters. Total yardage: 388 yards/356 meters. Color: Romulan Raspberry.
16 stitches and 20 rows over 4 inches in Main Body Stitch
Finished Pattern Measurements 54 inches wide by 23 inches long after blocking.
*The Cloaking shawl will render the wearer invisible when the wearer and the shawl follow the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. I say that in my official capacity as a Physicist (TM).
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops