New Pattern! Wild Lettuce One Skein Shawl
The Shawl Details
Wild Lettuce One Skein Shawl knits up quickly with only one skein of sock yarn! It uses 339 yards of new Tilli Tomas Artisan Sock and a size US 7/4.5 mm needle. The pattern is knit as a traditional triangle, starting with a few stitches and increasing out from the center to the edge. Wild Lettuce One Skein Shawl has a knit-on border which means it’s not necessary to bind off 200+ stitches at once! The bold knit-on edging is worked back and forth over 25 stitches and a k2tog with the main body stitches every other row eliminates the large bind off stitch by stitch.
The pattern includes written instructions as well as charts. It has been test knit and tech edited and is presented in a clear manner. This is a beginner level lace triangle pattern.
This quick-to-knit triangle lace shawlette is simple and elegant with its lovely, knit-on lace edging.
Size US 7/4.5 mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
One 100 gram ball of Tilli Tomas Artisan Sock 90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon. 440 yards/404 meters. Total yardage: 339 yards/ 311 meters.
20 stitches and 32 rows over 4 inches in Main Body Stitch
Finished Pattern Measurements
46 inches wide by 17.5 inches long after blocking.
How this Shawl came to be
Wild Lettuce shawl was made possible by a chance encounter with Tracy, owner of Tilli Tomas during Maryland Sheep and Wool last month. But first let me take a step back and explain how the 6 degrees of knitting works. I met sisters Sharon and Barb in the hotel lobby in Columbia, Maryland. We spent a relaxing evening hanging out in the lobby of the Marriott. We spun, knit, talked about sheep, knitting patterns, and about how excited we were for the show. The next day unexpectedly I ran into Sharon and Barb during the only time I was able to sneak out of my booth. They wanted to introduce me to this yarn company owner that they had fallen in love with at the show. So off I went and behold! It was Tracy and Thomas of the Tilli Tomas.
It just goes to show that you never know who you're going to meet! Knitting really has only two degrees of separation, because we're a smaller, closer knit community. After being introduced by Sharon and Barb, Tracy sent me some of her brand new Tilli Tomas Sock yarn to experiment with and create a few one skein shawls. The yarn is soft, knits up fast, has a great drape, and the colors are rich and saturated.
FInally, I before I get into the knitty gritty of the Wild Lettuce Shawl I want to thank Lisa Bacon. She stepped up to help me because I've been so busy finishing up my first book. Lisa is an amazing sample knitter and a great friend. She knit the Wild Lettuce sample which has allowed me to meet my deadlines and ensure that I'm ready for my booth at TNNA next weekend. Thanks Lisa! You're the best.
Here's a sneak peek of my next shawl. Flambe is another one skein shawl knit with Tilli Tomas and a Maya photobombing:
Photo and Sample credit cmuralidhara
Pattern coming soon!
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops