New Fickle Knitter Pattern! Flambe One Skein Shawl
Photo and Shawl Credit Cmuralidhara
Flambe One Skein Shawl is now available for sale after thorough tech editing and test knitting for $6.00 USD!
Flambe One Skein Shawl knits up quickly with only one skein of sock yarn! It uses 321 yards of new Tilli Tomas Artisan Sock and a size US 7/4.5 mm needle. The pattern is knit as a traditional triangle, starting with a few stitches and increasing out from the center to the edge. Flambe One Skein Shawl has a knit-on border which means it’s not necessary to bind off 200+ stitches at once! The bold knit-on edging is worked back and forth over 17 stitches and a k2tog with the main body stitches every other row eliminates the large bind off stitch by stitch.
The pattern includes written instructions as well as charts. It has been test knit and tech edited and is presented in a clear manner. This is a beginner level lace triangle pattern.
This quick-to-knit triangle lace shawlette is simple and elegant with its lovely, knit-on lace edging.
Size US 7/4.5 mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
One 100 gram ball of Tilli Tomas Sock [90% Superwash Merino, 10% Nylon]. 440 yards/404 meters. Total yardage: 321 yards/ 295 meters.
20 stitches and 32 rows over 4 inches in Main Body Stitch
Finished Pattern Measurements
54 inches wide by 19.5 inches long after blocking.
A word about Test Knitting and Pattern Editing
I want to take the opportunity to thank Chaitanya for her beautiful knitting and photography. I'm in the tricky position of having my business grow to the point where sample knitters are sometimes necessary for the deadlines that have become a part of the growing process. Tech editors, test knitting and sample knitters are the holy trinity of producing a quality pattern that I'm proud to sell. I am able to provide high quality patterns due to the work of my wonderful tech editor Tracey, and experienced test knitters like Chaitanya and Lisa. Both editing and testing helps me refine my patterns and weed out inevitable errors. When you produce any document that has over 1,000 words there are places where mistakes can creep in! But having multiple people read and actually test patterns with a fresh pair of eyes helps overcome author myopia.
That's a long way of saying thank you and my life wouldn't be as enriched without thoughtful and talented knitters like Chaitanya, Lisa and Tracey! Thanks ladies, I don't know what I'd do without you.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops