Summer 2011 TNNA Blog
What initially started out as a quick collection of TNNA recap links turned into my own (fangirl) recap since I couldn't not share all the cool things that happened at the largest knitting trade show in the country. I have a whole new list of yarn shops that I'll be adding to my Retailers link which will be updated soon so stay tuned!
For the short version click these links, for the long version please continue reading.
TNNA Recap Blogs
Bonne Marie's Recap
Stacey of Knit Picks Recap
Michelle's Tequila Infused Weekend exhibiting at Summer TNNA 2011. (If people can be scotch or bourbon connoisseurs why can't I do that with Tequila)?
Monica talks about her weekend working in the Fickle Knitter Design booth, plus you can see how my booth came together! I swear I hardly got on her nerves at all. Plus she has photographic evidence that Debbie Macomber came into my booth, knew who I was and purchased my patterns. I was gobsmacked people, gobsmacked. In another starstruck moment I realized after about a 25 minute chat that I was talking with Ilga Leja. And then my feet stopped touching the ground because Ilga and Katherine of Fleece Artist invited me to dinner. There was beer, intense discussions about UK television and Weinergate. I felt like I was at the last supper because really, does it get much better than this?
Remind me to always plan my booth around Jaala's pink hair. Jaala is lovely by the way in case you were wondering. So is Amy Detjen. There I go name dropping again. I may as well also name drop Laura, Lindsey, Jennifer, and Mary Beth while I'm at it. Thanks for being you. And by being you I mean putting up with me. Also I appreciated meeting Bonne Marie very much. She is a cool lady and a talented designer and smart business woman (for the few of you who didn't already know).
Emily was across the aisle from me and her booth had THE CUTEST selection of bags. I wanted them all. Speaking of Bags I'd like to make a special shout out to Kimberly Reynolds, the all around awesome Social Media Guru and person who made it possible for me to acquire my very own lime green Monroe Namaste bag (which is made entirely from awesome in case you were wondering).
I was delighted to meet the very talented Carol Feller. I secretly want to be adopted into the contingent of UK Designers. ArmyofKnitters and SpaceCadetCreations both have some novel ideas of my initiation ritual. Then I met Woolly Wormhead for the first time and I think I impressed her with my high level of vulgarity and tequila consumption. I so very wanted to take KnitBrit Andi home with me in my pocket. This is the second time
I've she's stalked me at a major knitting event.
Well that seems to be all for now. I have a few cell phone portraits I took while Under the Influence of Tequila (TM) which I'd like to post at a time soon in the future when I'm not running Michelle's Printing Sweatshop in the front room of my house. Until then.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops