Fickle Knitter Design Around the Web 8-26-2011
I'm home! I flew home Wednesday after spending the past 6 weeks in Virginia helping my Brother in Law and my Nephew. Please note that I came home one day after the Virginia earthquake (which was a surreal experience all on it's own). I have so much to catch you up on so I think it's best if I jump right in.
Fall Knitcircus 2011
My newest design is featured in the Fall issue of Knitcircus. The August Pansy Shawl knit with one skein of Sweet Georgia Cashluxe Sock and has lace knitting on both the right and wrong sides of the work. This particular issue of Knitcircus is the best yet. It's a great value and the issue is filled with beautiful designs and informative articles. Please check it out!
The First Fickle Zen Mystery KAL
I've teamed up with Roxanne of Zen Yarn Garden and we're hosting our first Mystery Shawl Knit a Long. We have created a dedicated group on ravelry where you can ask 971 questions, chat with other knitters and knit your way through our first KAL. The yarn is spectacular and I enjoyed knitting it very much and I think you will too! Details about joining the KAL can be found here, but you can only join for a limited time. Purchase your yarn and pattern for the Fickle Zen Mystery KAL here.
Holiday Yarns July Lace Club Pattern
Jennifer of Holiday Yarns has one of the most interesting dyeing techniques that I've come across. She has a super secret superhero method of applying color so that it's tonal but not a solid color. The yarn almost shimmers with color and is a delight to knit with. This particular yarn, called Skinny-Ewe lace is wonderful although it didn't make me any skinnier. That's a personal beef though and I'm sure Jennifer is working hard to remedy that particular issue. The kit and pattern will be available in Mid-October. Bacon.
Knit Picks Fall Catalog
There's nothing quite like getting a catalog in the mail with one of my designs inside the pages. My Simple Swish Bulky Hat was featured in the Knit Picks Fall Catalog! This hat is really that simple and knits up very fast in soft Swish Bulky yarn. That and the model has a much better hat head than I do.
Interweave Knits Fall Issue
What's better than finding my pattern featured in a Knit Picks catalog? Finding my Flambe Shawl pattern featured in a Tilli Tomas ad for their lovely hand dyed Artisan Sock yarn in the latest issue of Interweave knits! I'd like to thank Chaitanya especially for knitting the sample and taking the beautiful photo that appears in the ad. (I'm going to pinch myself now but I don't think it will make me any skinnier). For those attending Vogue LA I'll be selling kits with Flambe Shawl and Artisan Sock yarn in the Fickle Knitter booth #38. Please stop by and say hi and take advantage of my exclusive limited kits. So my husband stops giving me the side eye about all the extra yarn in my studio. Thank you in advance.
Noble Knits Interview
I met Nancy at June TNNA. She is chic and cute and elegant just like her shop, Noble Knits. I was really excited to participate in a Noble Knits interview and my patterns have been making lots of appearances on the Noble Kntis Facebook page and in the latest Newsletter. Thanks Nancy!
Fickle Knitter Design Recommended via Facebook via The Knitting Club and @Craftsy
The Knitting Club facebook page posts regularly with informative links and has a post about my Tree & Arbor Wrap featured on craftsy.com! Scroll down to July 29th entry to see what facebook members had to say and you can check out the comments on Niseyknits's pretty craftsy version here.
Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to spend the second day in a row hugging my kid after being away for so long. It's a good thing she's off from preschool because that would be awkward what with me hugging her all day in class. Also my book is coming very soon. I don't know if that should drive me to drink or indulge in chocolate. Or maybe both? Have a great weekend all.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops