What's New with Fickle Knitter
I didn't knit much during my extended break while I was in Virginia adopting my nephew and settling my brother in law's estate. Before now I could count the knit-free days in all the years I've been knitting on two hands. But I'm back home and getting everything sorted and knitting again. And you know what? It feels good. Sometimes a break is what you need to recharge. The yarn is one of my favorites, Tilli Tomas Artisan Sock in color Malta. It's a brand new color and I love it. This yarn practically knits itself.
This is an exclusive color by Baah yarns. I met Mira at Vogue LA and instantly fell in love with the green shawl she was wearing. It turns out the yarn is named Tequila Lime. And if you've read the blog for a while you know my feelings on Tequila. Speaking of, my new favorite sipping Tequila is Don Julio. For those that appreciate a fine sipping alcoholic beverage it's not what I call a "Spring Break" Tequila. This is a smooth, fine drink. I'm not a spokesperson, just a fan.
Where was I? Baah yarns? Mira is fabulous and her up and coming yarn boasts saturated, beautiful tones paired with soft and squishable yarns. Stay tuned for patterns in this yarn. One may even appear in Book 2.
Yes, I said Book 2. Does this make me crazy to embark on a second book so soon after the first? Probably. I am proud to report that I've sold over half of my inventory of printed books and I've had such a positive response from shops and knitters that Book 2 is the right thing to do.
This lovely skein of Teresa Ruch 5/2 100% Tencel is being sent to all the way to France for ellenpoirot. I've resumed hosting monthly giveaways in my group recently and Ellen is the most recent winner. You can find the latest giveaway thread here on ravelry. As always Teresa's colors are sublime and the yarn is luminescent.
I'll be listing more limited edition kits featuring Teresa Ruch and Tilli Tomas yarns after my show in Torrance this weekend. Between Vogue LA and Torrance I don't have much left! Check my etsy shop for these limited kits soon.
I feel suitably initiated into the ways of vending at shows. I had my first knit sample swiped at the Northwest Needle Market trade show I did in Seattle in September, the Monica Shawl.
I keep telling myself it wasn't a knitter who did it because I'd like to think better of us as a whole. This deep color of Pure Silk Lace from Zen Yarn Garden is set to be knit up as a replacement Monica shawl. The color is called Crush and I have a Crush on it.
There was a lot of good at the NWNM show where my shawl was stolen, I met the Claudia of Claudia Hand Painted Yarns and she is awesome! I'm really excited to be working with her yarns and her colors are amazing. Keep an eye out for them in my patterns over the next few months.
I have a metric ton of things going on on the home front. Tomorrow we have a tour and interview to get Dmitri into a special school. Please keep us in your thoughts, I think this would be a positive change for him! More from me soon.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops