January 2012 TNNA Recap
This post is going to be a bit of TNNA, a bit of silliness, and a bit of catching up since it's been 2 weeks since my last blog. I'll talk about the new knitting products I'm excited about, show off the photos I took at TNNA proper, play a little catch up with the kids and link to a Flambe Shawl KAL that's going on on Ravelry.
My favorite new knitting related items from Winter TNNA in 2012
From Left to Right, Top to Bottom:
Elemental Affects Yarn
ChiaoGoo Red Lace Knitting Circular Needles
Be Sweet Yarn
I'm very excited to be working with Lorajean of Knitted Wit and her beautiful Feather Weight yarn in Orchid. Stay tuned for another collaboration announcement with Knitted Wit and Sincere Sheep coming later this week.
As you can see from the self portraits the weekend got sillier and sillier as the exhibitors got more and more delirious. I tried not to stalk people. Much. For some reason these lovely, hardworking women agreed to participate in my obsessive picture taking. I hope you enjoy the results. Let no one say that the needlework business isn't fun.
Pictured from Top to Bottom, Left to Right:
But that's not all! Hilarity ensued. (Roxanne and Suzanne are such good sports! I blame it on the security guy, he's the one that provided me (us) with the fake roving mustache. And with that we can finally put an end to the mustache trend. I killed it in Phoenix.
Maya in Monica's sweater, thanks Monica! She promptly asked me to knit her a pair of matching socks. The kid loves her knitting.
Dmitri had his first class field trip to the bowling alley. I was excited to be a chaperone and discovered something new! D likes to joyride in the wheelchairs that belong to other kids. If you look in the top right of the above photo you'll see the particular wheelchair in question. I spent the field trip keeping my kid from hot wiring his classmate's wheel chair for a joyride up and down the lanes.
Some fun loving ladies on Ravelry are hosting a Flambe Shawl KAL. Check it out here.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops