MDSW 2012 Recap
I've talked about my flying anxiety on here before I know, so it was absolute kismet that I was seated on my first flight beside Drina Fried, Counseling Psychologist and Fiber Artist. Drina offered me some truly wonderful coping techniques on addressing my fears and my flight home was the most restful flight I've had in about 18 months. One of the things Drina told me to repeat to myself was that this would be a wonderful trip. And it really was! I did take a tranquilizer on my return flight but even so, my flying experience was much less stressful.
I have a few new blog posts coming up so I'll recap Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival first, and then will talk about teaching at The Yarn Club in Virginia Beach, I'll formally introduce Lisa Bacon, the talented new addition to the Fickle Knitter Team (she'll be answering email, continuing to run Knit Alongs and moderating the Fickle Knitter Group on Ravelry), and talk about the amazing inclusion of Leaves, Fickle Knitter Design Volume 1 in the Clara Parkes column titled the Booklet which can be found in the Summer 2012 issue of Interweave Knits. Also please stay tuned for a new series of interviews with some special yarn shops around the US, starting with Hank and Purl's Creative Nook and Knittery located in Rochester, Minnesota.
Yarn Art Studio
It's no secret that attending MDSW is one of the highlights of my year. I love being a guest in the Yarn Art Studio booth and meeting all the enthusiastic East Coast spinners and knitters. Jacki Lee, owner of Yarn Art Studio has exemplary taste in fiber. She has cashmere merino, 100% silk and pretty much ever blend you'd want to spin. This year she outdid herself with the wall of angelina fiber. I spent my trunk show weekend signing books in the booth and it was so nice to talk with everyone who stopped by.
The Pocket Wheel
Jon McCoy is the maker of the extremely clever Pocket Wheel. Jon and Carla spent the weekend demonstrating their beautiful wheels to the throngs of knitters, spinners and weavers who trooped past the Yarn Art Studio booth.
This is the lovely Carla McCoy sitting at the Pocket Wheel. Carla and Jon live an idyllic farm life on an island in the Pacific North West. Jon uses his expertise in the shop to create his wheels to order out of high end woods and is so busy he has a 13 month waiting list! Carla is a talented spinner and Art Teacher with a gift for interacting with folks from all over. She's also an artist herself. Jon and Carla update their Facebook regularly with the goings on around the farm and you may see those here.
I love visiting the East Coast because not only do I get to visit where I grew up but I get to see some of my favorite knitters. Kalysa has been test knitting Fickle Knitter patterns for years and I was so happy to get to see her in person again this year.
I also got to visit with my Gauge Junkies, Cece and Theresa who drove down all the way from Jersey to see the Sheep.
It was so nice to see Andrea before I made the drive down to Virginia Beach and I'm glad she got to take a much deserved break from working her patootie off at The Yarn Club.
- "tilli tomas" "fickle knitter design" "one skein shawl"
- fickle knitter design TNNA Columbus 2011 Book Yarn Knitting Patterns Lace
- fickleknitter 2010 pattern publishing shows
- fickleknitter artyarns zenyarngarden teresaruch tillitomas
- fickleknitter blog maintenance
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design chameleon colorworks triangle shawl new pattern
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design limestone honeypot fleurdelise
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stakling notebook
- fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west driving 2011
- Fickleknitter fickle knitter design stitches west knitting patterns
- fickleknitter grief
- fickleknitter knitcircus
- fickleknitter knitcircus issue 12 sweet georgia
- fickleknitter NYC taxi
- fickleknitter pattern writing knitting
- fickleknitter photos
- fickleknitter ravelry unwind yarn burbank knitting patterns guest artis
- fickleknitter spinning knitting dyeing tina newton stephanie mcphee blue moon fiber arts yarn harlot
- fickleknitter stitch markers 5elementkntr knitifacts butterflysm
- fickleknitter teresa ruch scarf rocky mountaing dyeworks chameleon colorworks handspun
- fickleknitter tinyhappy rockymountaindyeworks teresaruch
- fickleknitter tivoli rhinebeck fabulousyarn
- knitcircus contest fickleknitter 14 pattern collection
- Yarn Shops