Diamond Shoal KAL Kit
By Fickle Knitter Design
The Diamond Shoal Knit Along of 2014 runs from September 5 – September 26, 2014. Limited quantities are available until we sell out. If you are unable to purchase a kit you are welcome to join us for the KAL with stash yarn. Kits will be available until they sell out and then retired.
Kits ship Friday, August 29, 2014. Shipping is $4 for all Domestic packages and $9 for all International packages.
The Diamond Shoal Shawl KAL kit contains enough to complete the project:
- Three 100 gram skein/400 yards each of La Jolla Sock by Baah! Yarn in the color trio of your choice. Select your color in the drop down menu above quantity. Please note that there are dye lot variations in each skein. These skeins are handpicked by the dyer in exclusive colorways.
Color Choices (from left to right in the second photo):
- Burmese Ruby [Burmese Ruby, Grey Onyx, Black Pearl]
- Pink Tourmaline [Pink Tourmaline, Grey Onyx, Black Pearl]
- London Blue [London Blue, Grey Onyx, Black Pearl]
- Iris (Dark Purple) [Iris, Grey Onyx, Black Pearl]
- Two hand crafted sterling silver stitch markers by Knitifacts. Each beautiful bead is a genuine Venetian glass bead lined with 24K white gold foil and has sterling silver components.
- A digital download of The Diamond Shoal Shawl Pattern. The PDF pattern will be sent electronically and paper copies will not be included in kits.
Diamond Shoal Shawl is a traditional triangle shawl knit from the neck to the long edge. The shawl has a knit-on border which means it’s not necessary to bind off 285+ stitches at once! The bold knit-on edging is worked back and forth over 23 stitches and a ssk with the main body stitches every other row eliminates the large bind off stitch by stitch. This is a great shawl for beginning-intermediate Lace Knitters.
If you have a question while knitting please join the Fickle Knitter Design ravelry group for help. This is a great shawl for beginning Lace Knitters, if you can knit, purl, yarn over, k2tog, ssk, cable, sk2p, and work a short row you can knit this shawl! If you get stuck please visit the Fickle Knitter rav group or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
A note about Gauge
Are you a tight knitter or a loose knitter? If you are a loose knitter please consider going down a few needle sizes. If you are a tight knitter you may have to go up a few sizes to get gauge. Your swatch should be stretched after you’ve soaked it in water and then pinned it out to make it wider to dry, just as you would with the finished shawl.
This quick-to-knit triangle lace shawl is simple and elegant with its lovely, knit-on lace edging.
Size US 7/4.5 mm Knitting Needles, or size needed to get gauge.
Three 100 gram balls of Baah! La Jolla [100% Superwash Merino]. 400 yards/ 366 meters. Total yardage: 864 yards/ 793 meters.
16 stitches and 36 rows over 4 inches in Stockinette Stitch
Finished Pattern Measurements
68 inches wide by 30 inches long after blocking.
Removable stitch marker, yarn needle (for weaving in ends), blocking aids (optional)