Spring in Central Park KAL Kits
By Fickle Knitter Design
Sorry, this product is currently unavailable.
The Spring in Central Park Knit Along of 2013 runs from December 1 – December 22, 2013. As always, limited quantities are available until we sell out. We've been experiencing large volumes of kit sales over the past few months and so for this kit I have purchased additional yarn to try to make a kit available to meet the demand. If you are unable to purchase a kit you are welcome to join us for the KAL with stash yarn. Kits will be available until they sell out and then retired.
Kits ship Tuesday, October 8th, 2013. Shipping is $4 for all Domestic packages and $9 for all International packages.
The Spring in Central Park Shawl KAL kit contains enough to complete the project:
- Three 100 gram skein/400 yards each of La Jolla Sock by Baah! Yarn in the color trio of your choice. Select your color in the drop down menu above quantity. Please note that there are dye lot variations in each skein. These skeins are handpicked by the dyer in exclusive colorways.
Color Choices (from left to right in the second photo):
- Burmese Ruby (reds) [Burmese Ruby, Chocolate Cherries, Obsidian]
- Raspberry Toffee (pinks) [Amethyst, Raspberry Toffee, Pink Tourmaline]
- Brazilian Emerald (blues and greens) [Blue Topaz, Brazilian Emerald, Tequila Lime]
- My Sweet Valentine (pinks and oranges) [Raspberry Toffee, My Sweet Valentine, California Poppy]
- Singin' the Blues (blues) [Blue Topaz, Singin' the Blues, Obsidian]
- Two hand crafted sterling silver stitch markers by Knitifacts. Each beautiful bead is a beautiful Swarovski crystal.
- A digital download of The Spring in Central Park Pattern. The PDF pattern will be sent electronically and paper copies will not be included in kits.
Spring in Central Park Shawl is a traditional triangle shawl knit from the neck to the long edge. The shawl has a knit-on border which means it’s not necessary to bind off 265+ stitches at once! The bold knit-on edging is worked back and forth over 28 stitches and a k2tog with the main body stitches every other row eliminates the large bind off stitch by stitch. This is a great shawl for beginning-intermediate Lace Knitters.
What's unique about Spring in Central Park is although it's knit using a traditional triangle technique the shawl is longer than it is deep, giving it a crescent shape.
If you have a question while knitting please join the Fickle Knitter Design ravelry group for help. This is a great shawl for beginning Lace Knitters, if you can knit, purl, yarn over, k2tog, ssk, bobble, sk2p, and work a short row you can knit this shawl! If you get stuck please visit the Fickle Knitter rav group or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
A note about Gauge